Who We Are
X-L-Air is a member of the LMC group of companies, and is one of the largest and leading Prime Mechanical Contractors in the Ottawa area. For many of our projects we’re responsible for all the mechanical systems in a building.
Typically this includes:
- Industrial Mechanical work
- Air Conditioning,
- HVAC piping,
And with subcontractors:
- Building Automation Controls,
Energy Service Company (ESCO) to Prime Mechanical Contractor?
X-L-Air Energy Services Ltd. was registered as a corporation in April 1995 by the founder Nick Haitas. Originally X-L-Air was intended to be an Energy Service Company (ESCO) specializing in financing, designing and constructing energy conservation projects – while guaranteeing the energy cost and savings. Marketplace changes at the time caused a change in direction.
The need was for a mechanical contractor with a high level of design know how to work on challenging energy retrofit projects. A perfect fit for X-L-Air! X-L-Air evolved into a prime mechanical contractor.
Almost two decades later (December 2013) in order to expand its operations both in size and into Mechanical Industrial Work, X-L-Air Energy Services Ltd. joined the Lorneville.
From Concept to Leading Mechanical Contractor
We attribute X-L-Air’s growth and success since its establishment in 1995 to these factors:
- X-L-Air has full access to the resources of its parent company Lorneville, including two extensive fabrication facilities, project managers, administrative staff, and a large pool of labour
- X-L-Air is well funded and can take on very large projects
- We have a business plan that calls for controlled growth based on earnings and available capital instead of borrowed money
- We choose projects and work with clients who have similar values to X-L-Air, which means that payment for our work is guaranteed
- We have access to a well-trained labour pool through signed agreements with both the sheetmetal and plumbing unions.
- Our competent management staff, site supervisors and project managers are university-trained and/or have extensive practical and hands-on trades work and project management experience. They are fully qualified individually and working as a team to deal with all issues that arise:
- at the site,
- project planning and execution,
- technical issues, or
- challenging management issues.
- We treat our employees, clients, Engineers, suppliers and sub-contractors fairly and with respect.
Our Corporate Goals
- To continue to provide professional service and competitive pricing to our clients
- To keep at the leading edge of our industry
- To provide gainful and fulfilling employment to our staff and management team
We take pride in our work and our ability to achieve these goals on every project X-L-Air Energy Services Ltd. undertakes.
Supporting the community
- For many years X-L-Air supported The Ottawa Heart Institute collecting several thousands of $’s each year at the annual Bowlathon event of the Hellenic Community of Ottawa. X-L-Air continues to support the Ottawa Heart Institute.
- Most of X-L-Air’s direct donations are made for funding cancer research both for a cure and for cancer causes.
- X-L-Air supported the building of the Algonquin College Trade School with a significant donation.
- X-L-Air supports charitable events of its union associates: Local 47 (sheetmetal) and Local 71 (plumbing).